• Why are outdoor learning and residential experiences powerful for pupils and staff?
• What are the key ingredients of high quality outdoor education?
• How are character and resilience best developed through adventurous learning?
• Why do outdoor learning programmes significantly enhance the classroom curriculum?
• What are the key practical details when planning and leading outdoor teaching and learning?
Rooted in a career in leading outdoor education in a number of settings, Kevin Jackson provides an authoritative and accessible guide to this important subject - including invaluable checklists on health and safety, financial planning, and curriculum design.
“For some children a week’s residential experience is worth more than a term of school. We know we want it for our own children - we need to make sure other people’s children experience it too.’
Sir Tim Brighouse
|No of pages||64|
|Publication Date||15 Sep 2015|